Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.

The movie Mr. Holland's Opus incorporates an old saying, "Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans." Recently, I have been thinking about those moments where you have a choice to change the course of your life. Sometimes those moments occur within a second and you may not even realize how the outcome will shape your future. Then other moments are more recognizable, those are the moments where you stop and think before taking action.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. So I am inclined to think that even when making a split second decision, we make the right choice. Still, it can cause you to question your decision when you look back. I think about some of the choices I have made in my life and I think how different my life would be if I had chosen the other path.

I am a person that believes you should stand by your decisions...never do something you may regret later. And as an adult I have learned that isn't always possible. Still, our lives are what we make of them. And that is what I believe that saying means. Don't get so caught up in planning your life that you forget to look around and enjoy your surroundings. That is my goal for 2009. I vow to not be so absorbed in my job that I forget to appreciate how lucky I am. This is a thank you to all my friends and family that I have neglected all these years. God bless you all for standing in my shadow when I was too selfish to share the limelight.

Best wishes to everyone that may read this and Happy New Year to everyone as well!

No comments: