Saturday, November 22, 2008

New places...new faces.

I have finished moving into my new place. I am about 98% unpacked and settled in. I must admit that it feels good to have the stress of uncertainty behind me. My new place is a duplex, not a house. Although it is smaller than my house in Serra Mesa, it is a good size for me. Most importantly it is place I can hang my hat and call home for awhile.

It is true that this year was very stressful on me with this move. Still, one good thing did come of this...I managed to find me again. For the first time in years, I feel adventurous. I don't want to be the girl who settles for the here and now. I want to be the girl that is always testing the waters. Thankfully after all that I experienced this year, that girl has resurfaced.

This upcoming year will be a year of more changes. I can't wait to start travelling again in 2009. I will begin my "new" job search as soon as January arrives. I will also be looking at places to live in Los Angeles, Chicago or possibly the east coast. Best of all, I will enjoy every minute with my friends. While I am still in Cali, I want to enjoy all the beautiful places that I have taken for granted these past 6 years.

I'll leave you with the thought that has consumed me for weeks: Life is too short, don't forget to stop and relish in the wonder that is all around you.

No comments: